Due to the overwhelming success of the whitewater park and nature of the location, the Whitewater Park Committee has released these guidelines for parking at the site. A small parking lot is now available just across Devereux Ave from the park. This lot will be paved in the undetermined future. Phase two of park design will will include many on-shore amenities including handicap access to water level, landscaping, and improved restroom facilities. The committee is hard at work alongside local government to improve access into this site in the future.
In the meantime, we must all work together to make this situation as convenient as possible for everyone involved. As the park grows in popularity and construction is complete, use common sense and courtesy towards everyone you encounter so we can avoid a decline in attitude towards the park from the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado State Patrol, and other non-boating members of the community. If everyone stays happy the more likely it is that we can build more great features in the future!
(identical to poster posted at site)
Welcome to the Glenwood Whitewater Park!
Please note the following:
- The Park is still under construction and parking is very limited.
- Overflow parking is available 1/3 mile up Midland Avenue in the RFTA Lot. (Take first right & park in the large lot near the brick building.)
- No parking is allowed on Midland Avenue! You may be ticketed!
- Please do not park in a manner that impedes traffic.
- Overnight camping is not permitted in the immediate area. Please contact Glenwood Canyon Kayak ¼ mile up Midland Avenue (first left) for information about camping or parking – (970-928-9949).
- Additional camping information is available from the US Forest Service (970-945-2521) or BLM (970-947-2800) Monday-Friday.
- Helmets and Personal Flotation Devices are required at all times.